Community Outreach Intern
SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation based out of Waterbury, VT that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and safer world. We’re tearing down the barriers that have made renewable energy inaccessible with the goal of repowering our communities one home, school, and business at a time.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Community Outreach Intern for the Summer of 2019.
The Community Outreach Internship creates the opportunity to step into the solar industry and learn about how solar works in Vermont, as well as the opportunity to gain training and experience in the marketing field.
This is an exciting opportunity to combine your passion for clean energy with SunCommon’s story to engage and excite Vermonters to go solar.
As the Community Outreach Intern, you will engage people both at community events and through door-knocking. In any given week, that might entail tabling at a farmers’ market, bringing our solar-powered bounce house to a summer festival, and knocking on doors as part of a community campaign.
This is a full-time, 3-month engagement (40 hours per week from the end of May through August). Your schedule will vary based on events, so you must have flexible availability – including some weekends.
Pay: $15 per hour
What’s required of you:
- Commitment to our purpose, with a contagious passion for this work
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Previous experience with outreach work (tabling at events, cold-calling, etc.) is preferred
- Ability to work independently and manage your time wisely and productively
- Flexible availability, including weekends, from late May through August
Equal Opportunity Employer